Do you think you may be at risk for lung cancer?
At West Cancer Center, we know that a healthy lifestyle and regular screenings are paramount for cancer prevention. Our Lung Screening Program provides low-dose CT screening services to current and former smokers, allowing for early detection of lung cancer at its earliest stage, when treatment is most effective.
Screening is recommended for individuals that meet the criteria of the National Cancer Institute’s Lung Cancer Screening Program. For more information, please contact 901.922.6781.
Am I eligible for West Cancer Center’s lung screening program?
Screening is recommended for individuals that meet the criteria of the National Cancer Institute’s National Lung Cancer Screening Trial. Eligibility requirements include:
- Individuals between the ages of 55 through 77 years old
- Have a 30 pack-year history of smoking (meaning one pack per day for 30 years, two packs a day for 15 years, etc.)
- Current smoker, or have quit within the last 15 years
Quick Facts: Lung Cancer Awareness
- Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer-related deaths in the United States
- Symptoms of lung cancer usually do not appear until the disease reaches an advanced stage
- Yearly lung screenings with low-dose CT has been shown to save lives by finding lung cancer at an early stage, when treatment is most effective
How do I schedule my lung cancer screening?
If you meet the guidelines outlined above, we encourage you to schedule an appointment today. Please contact your primary healthcare provider or 901-922-6781 or [email protected]