With more than 30 years of collective experience delivering compassionate, patient centered care, this exceptional group of care providers will advance the West Cancer Center mission to provide patients access to the most innovative and comprehensive services available for their cancer journey. To read the News Release, please click here.
Thomas Ratliff, MD, is a board certified Medical Oncologist and Hematologist at West Cancer Center.
Titles & Roles
- Medical Oncologist and Hematologist, West Cancer Center
Areas of Expertise
- Medical Oncology
Dr. Ratliff joins the West Cancer Center faculty as a Medical Oncologist and Hematologist. His medical career began in the U.S. Military, where he served as a decorated Lieutenant Colonel and practicing Medical Oncologist and Hematologist in the United States Air Force. Following the completion of his service, Dr. Ratliff relocated to Memphis, where he served as the Chief Medical Officer at Boston Baskin Cancer Foundation before founding the Ratliff-Verrier Cancer Clinic with his co-founder, Dr. Carmel Verrier. A former member of the NCCN Panel on Kidney Cancer, he is board certified in Medical Oncology and Hematology by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science, Biology, Texas A & M University (Magna Cum Laude), College Station, Texas
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas
- Internship, Internal Medicine, Wilford Hall U.S. Air Force Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Wilford Hall U.S. Air Force Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas
- Fellowship, Hematology/ Medical Oncology, Wilford Hall U.S. Air Force Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas
- Meritorious Service Medical, United States Air Force
- The Dr. A. Brian Robinson Staff Humanitarian of the Year, Kessler Medical Center, 1997 – 1998
- Physician’s Recognition Award, American Medical Association, 2000
- Physician Leadership Award, St. Francis Hospital – Bartlett, 2010
Dr. Ratliff’s research has spanned numerous disease state areas and topics in his almost thirty year career in Medical Oncology and Hematology. His clinical research has been presented at several national conferences, including the American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting.
To view Dr. Ratliff’s recent publications, click here.