With over 30 years of surgical experience, Roy M. Oswaks, MD, is committed to providing the highest level of breast care to patients in the greater Memphis area.
Titles and Roles
- Breast Surgeon, Comprehensive Breast Center, West Cancer Center
Areas of Expertise
- Breast Surgery and Treatment
Roy M. Oswaks, MD, completed medical school and surgical training in Buffalo, New York. He went on to serve two years as a surgeon in the U.S. Army followed by two additional years at the United States Public Health Service Hospital in Norfolk, Virginia. Dr. Oswaks entered private practice in Virginia Beach and was later appointed Chief of Surgery at Sentara Bayside Hospital. After relocating to the Memphis area in 2002, he began specializing in breast surgery and treatment and joined West Cancer Center’s Comprehensive Breast Center in 2011.
Education and Training
Dr. Oswaks completed his undergraduate education at the City University of New York, Brooklyn College, graduating Cum Laude. Dr. Oswaks received his medical degree from the State University of New York at Buffalo. He completed his training with an internship at State University of New York at Buffalo as well, followed by his residencies at Maricopa General Hospital, Brookdale Hospital Medical Center, and State University of New York at Buffalo.
- Certification – American Board of Surgery
- MQSA Approved Mammography Interpreting Physician
- Certificate for Outstanding Contributions to the Continuous Quality Improvement, Sentara Health System
- American Medical Association Physician’s Recognition Award in Continuing Education, 1981-2002