Namratha R. Vontela, MD, joins the West Cancer Center faculty in official capacity completing her Fellowship in Medical Oncology and Hematology at West Cancer Center. While she primarily serves a Hospitalist role for West Cancer Center in the hospital-setting in DeSoto, she also sees patients at our DeSoto location.
Titles and Roles
- Medical Oncologist and Hematologist, West Cancer Center
Areas of Expertise
- Medical Oncology
Dr. Vontela joins the West Cancer Center faculty in official capacity after serving as a fellow for the Hematology and Oncology Fellowship Program, a partnership between the University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC) and West Cancer Center. Prior to completing her Residency and Fellowship, she completed her medical education in India and graduated with distinctions in Anatomy, ENT, Ophthalmology, OBGYN and Pediatrics.
Education and Training
- Doctor of Medicine, Kakatiya Medical College, India
- Internship, M.G.M. Hospital, India
- Residency, Internal Medicine, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee
- Fellowship, Hematology/ Medical Oncology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee
Dr. Vontela’s most recent publications include:
- Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator in a Patient with Hormone-Positive Metastatic Breast Cancer. Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network. 2017.
- Genetic Analysis of B-cell Lymphomas Associated with Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis. Blood Advances. 2016.
- A Phase II Trial of Neoadjuvant Doxorubicin Plus Cyclophosphamide Followed by Lapatinib Plus Docetaxel Sequential with Adjuvant Trastuzumab for Treatment of Early HER2 Positive Breast Cancers. Journal of Solid Tumors. 2016.