Micah Monaghan, MD, is a Radiation Oncologist with West Cancer Center practicing general radiation oncology. Dr. Monaghan serves patients primarily through our Corinth location.
Titles and Roles
- Radiation Oncologist, West Cancer Center
Areas of Expertise
- Radiation Oncology
Dr. Monaghan is an American Board of Radiology certified Radiation Oncologist at West Cancer Center. He primarily practices in Corinth, MS, at the Cancer Center at Magnolia Regional Health Center. After his residency at the University of Alabama-Birmingham, he served as an oncologist with Radiation Oncology of North Mississippi for two years, followed by two years at Golden Triangle Radiation Oncology in southeast Texas. He has experience teaching undergraduate students from his time at the University of Alabama-Birmingham and the University of Mississippi, and is affiliated with the American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology.
Education and Training
Dr. Monaghan completed his undergraduate education at the University of Mississippi in the McDonnell-Barksdale Honors College, graduating Summa Cum Laude. He was a member of the inaugural class of inductees of Phi Beta Kappa at the University of Mississippi and was honored to receive the highest academic honor bestowed at Ole Miss, the Taylor Medal. Dr. Monaghan received his medical degree from the University of Alabama School of Medicine, graduating Magna Cum Laude. He was elected to Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society as a junior and served as vice president of the society as a senior medical student. He completed his residency training in Radiation Oncology at the University of Alabama-Birmingham following an internship at Baptist Health Systems In Birmingham.
- Chief Resident, University of Alabama-Birmingham, 2009
- Blackburn Resident Physics Award, University of Alabama-Birmingham, 2009
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Merck Manual Award
- Top Ten Percentile of Class Award
- Award in Recognition of Superior Achievement in Clinical Curriculum
- Pathology Honor Society
Dr. Monaghan has presented abstracts at national meetings on his clinical research:
- Comparison of intensity-modulated radiation therapy and conventional fields in the treatment of squamous cell carcinoma of the larynx
- Maximal 3-D dose to the whole bladder versus bladder wall in image-guided high-dose-rate intracavitary brachytherapy planning with bladder distension for cervical cancer
- Outcomes of patients with stage IB cervical carcinoma managed with surgery alone vs. surgery plus postoperative radiation therapy
To view Dr. Monaghan’s recent publications, click here.