Eric R. Wiedower, DO, is a Medical Oncologist and Hematologist at West Cancer Center. He joins the faculty in official capacity after serving as Chief Fellow for the Hematology and Oncology Fellowship program, a partnership between UTHSC and West Cancer Center.
Titles and Roles
- Medical Oncologist and Hematologist, West Cancer Center
Areas of Expertise
- Medical Oncology
- Hematologic Malignancies
Eric Wiedower, DO joins West Cancer Center in official capacity after completing his Fellowship in Medical Oncology & Hematology at West Cancer Center. During his Fellowship, he served as our Chief Fellow – a prestigious honor awarded to one of the top performing Fellows by our West Cancer Center faculty. He also served as Chief Resident during his Internal Medicine Residency at the University of Kansas, where he demonstrated excellence and leadership among his peers. In addition to a reputation of compassionate clinical care, Dr. Wiedower is an award-winning researcher, recognized at some of the world’s premier cancer conferences. He is a member of the American Society of Hematology, as well as the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
Education and Training
- 2006, BA Human Biology, University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas
- 2010, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO), Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences
- 2010 – 2013, Internal Medicine Residency, University of Kansas-Wichita, Wichita, Kansas
- 2013 – 2016, Fellowship in Hematology and Oncology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center/West Cancer Center
- Chief Resident, Internal Medicine Residency, University of Kansas-Wichita (2012 – 2013)
- W.C. Goodpasture, M.D. Resident Performance Award: In recognition of exemplary overall performance, teaching efforts with student and residents, scholarly pursuits, and leadership role in the residency program (2013)
- Chief Fellow, Hematology and Oncology Fellowship, UTHSC/West Cancer Center (2013 – 2016)
- 25th Annual Hematology/Oncology Reviews Fellow Travel Award – one of 10 fellows selected to present at this conference (2015)
- American Society of Hematologic Abstract Achievement Award – Meeting on Hematologic Malignancies (2015)
- American Society of Hematology Abstract Achievement Award – 57th ASH Annual Meeting (2015)
- Gastroenterology malignancies
- Hematologic malignancies
To view Dr. Wiedower’s most recent publications, click here.