Daniel K. Powell, MD, is a Radiologist at West Cancer Center specializing in Interventional Radiology and Diagnostic Radiology. He joined West Cancer Center in 2015 after completing his Interventional Radiology Fellowship at New York Presbyterian-Columbia Medical Center.
Titles and Roles
- Radiologist, West Cancer Center
Areas of Expertise
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Interventional Radiology
Dr. Powell joined West Cancer Center’s Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology from New York Presbyterian-Columbia Medical Center, where he completed his Fellowship in Interventional Radiology. In addition to bringing clinical expertise to West Cancer Center in his selected field, Dr. Powell has been an active researcher in the field of oncology and radiology, having been named the grant recipient principle investigator of the Associate Trustees Mt. Sinai St. Luke’s and Mt. Sinai Roosevelt Small Grant Award, as well as being an FDA Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) approval holder. He also serves as a reviewer for Radiology, the Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, and the Journal of Academic Radiology, among others.
Education and Training
- 2009, MD, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA
- 2005, Premedical Post-baccalaureate, Bryn Mawr College, Bryn Mawr, PA
- 2002, BA, Yale University
- Top reviewer for the Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, 2013, 2014
- Recognition for Dedication to Improving Quality and Patient Safety Initiatives, Mount Sinai Beth Israel, 2014
- ACR/RRA/RAHSR/AUR Scholar Program and Oral Scholar Presentation Selectee, 2014
- Second Place (Academic Papers), Beth Israel Medical Center Essay Contest, 2013
- Invitation to Gastrointestinal Power Hour, ARRS Annual meeting, 2013
- Honorable Mention Semi-finalist, Beth Israel Medical Center Research Fair, 2012, 2013
- Roentgen Resident Research Award, 2012
- Introduction to Academic Radiology Program, ARRS, 2012
- CME Discussion, RSNA Annual meeting, 2012
- Invitation to Nuclear Medicine Power Hour, ARRS Annual Meeting, 2011
- Basic Research Grant, Thomas Jefferson University, 2005, 2006
Dr. Powell’s most current research projects include:
- PET/CT character of post ablation lung cavities
Dr. Powell has been published in numerous publications, including the JVIR, Radiology and Journal of Clinical Imaging.
To view Dr. Powell’s most recent publications, click here.