Titles and Roles
- Radiologist, Women’s Imaging and Intervention, Memphis Radiological, P.C.
- Clinical Instructor, UT-Methodist Breast Imaging Fellowship and UT- Methodist Radiology Resident Program – Current
- Associate Professor, University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- Certified Clinical Densitometrist, International Society for Clinical Densitometry
Areas of Expertise
- Breast Imaging and Intervention
- DXA/Bone Densitometry
Carrie Patterson, M.D. joined Memphis Radiological P.C. in 2011. Dr. Patterson received an undergraduate degree in biology from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. She earned her medical degree from the University of Tennessee, Memphis and completed her residency in Diagnostic Radiology at the University of Tennessee/Methodist Healthcare. She completed her fellowship in Mammography at the University of Tennessee/Methodist Healthcare. Additional interest includes skeletal health in both osteoporosis evaluation and DXA body composition analysis.
Dr. Patterson is board certified by the American Board of Radiology. Her professional memberships include Alpha Omega Alpha, the American College of Radiology, the Society of Breast Imaging, the Radiologic Society of North America and the International Society of Clinical Densitometry.
Education and Training
Dr. Patterson completed her undergraduate education at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, TN. She received her medical degree from the University of Tennessee, Memphis, TN. She completed her education with her residency at the University of Tennessee/Methodist Healthcare, Memphis, TN followed by a fellowship in Mammography at the University of Tennessee/Methodist Healthcare/MRPC, Memphis, TN.