Adam C. ElNaggar, MD, is a Gynecologic Oncologist at West Cancer Center. He joins the West Cancer Center faculty following the completion of his Fellowship in Gynecologic Oncology at The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Titles and Roles
- Gynecologic Oncologist, West Cancer Center
- Assistant Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- Associate Fellowship Director, Gynecologic Oncology
- Director of Gynecologic Cancer Research
Areas of Expertise
- Women’s Cancers
- Minimally Invasive and Robotic Surgery
- Investigational Therapeutics
- Surgical Management of Advanced Gynecologic Cancer
- Ovarian Cancers
- Uterine Cancers
- Endometrial Cancers
- Cervical Cancers
- Vaginal Cancers
- Vulvar Cancers
Dr. ElNaggar joined West Cancer Center as a Gynecologic Oncologist in August of 2016. Prior to joining West Cancer Center, Dr. ElNaggar completed his Fellowship in Gynecologic Oncology at The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center in Columbus, Ohio. Dr. ElNaggar is an active clinical researcher, having several national peer review publications and numerous presentations at national and international cancer conferences. He is also a member of several professional societies, including the Society of Gynecologic Oncology, the American Congress of Obstetrics and Gynecology, American Association for Cancer Research, and the American Society of Clinical Oncologist. Although Dr. ElNaggar is not a Memphis native, he looks forward to returning to the city, where he completed his Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center.
In addition, Dr. ElNaggar also serves as Gynecologic Principal Investigator for NRG Oncology, SWOG and GOG trials. He primarily sees patients at our Wolf River location, as well as at our Midtown and Jonesboro locations.
When Dr. ElNaggar is not caring for patients, he and his wife and three children enjoy being outdoors. Backpacking, kayaking, and rock climbing are all family pursuits.
Education and Training
- 2004, BA in Biochemistry, Anderson University, Anderson, IN
- 2009, MD, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
- 2009 – 2013, Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology, the University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN
- 2013 – 2016, Fellowship in Gynecologic Oncology, The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center – Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital and Richard J. Solve Research Institute, Columbus, OH
- Foundation for Gynecologic Oncology Improving Outcomes Research and Education Award
- 2013 Roy M. Pitkin Award (May 2014)
- Excellence in Gynecologic Oncology (June 2013)
- Resident Teaching Award (June 2013)
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons Resident Achievement Award (June 2013)
- North American Menopause Society/Pfizer Medical Resident & Fellow Reporter Award (July 2012)
- Bradford W. Kincheloe Outstanding Resident Research Award (May 2012)
- Felix Rutledge Fellow (Nov. 2011)
Recent areas of focus for Dr. ElNaggar’s research interests include:
- Clinical outcomes research in endometrial and ovarian cancers, having recently been awarded the Foundation for Gynecologic Oncology Improving Outcomes Research and Education Grant to study quality indicators in ovarian cancer.
- Investigational therapeutics, where Dr. ElNaggar has worked to develop novel agents for the treatment of gynecologic malignancies, primarily STAT3 inhibition in ovarian cancer, as well as establish new treatment paradigms of targeted agents.
- Invasive and pre-invasive lower genital tract disease.